The Customer Service From Hell


I cannot believe that this is even a thing, but be aware if you are a YouTuber or you use any similar platform. Someone can easily claim that your video is copyrighing, and it can block your abilities on the platform as well as cause you to lose your video in the void of wrongfully deleted videos. 

Around 30 days ago, I realized that my first video was gone – a video of a beautiful sunrise (my favorite one) from Irakli shot in August 2023. It was taken during my peaceful vacation there. I immediately discovered that this guy, OZGUR YILMAZ, claimed that my beautiful sunrise video is copyrighting 4 hours of baby lullaby songs from a video titled '5小時寶寶乖乖睡覺水晶音樂' that you can check here: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj_FPxcg6lY&t=91s] by Baby Lullaby. They are all in red because I see them like the Predator. Unfortunately, I do not have a backup of my video, and it was deleted by YouTube without any real investigation. If you only open this video and compare it to my sunrise videos, you will immediately understand how frustrating that is. Now, I do not have my proof, which is so disappointing, and I have spent a good 20 hours of my life trying to prove to the YouTube team that it is a false claim. I am starting to think that the customer service is actually an AI because the lack of human characteristics here is mind-blowing. If they are actual human beings I will suggest all should be reaplaced by AI. They refuse to tell me how they discovered that I am copyrighting, and today I discovered that my video is forever lost in the void and it will only be available in my memories. It is really sad when you are 31 years old and you just want to upload these freaking videos and have fun with the platform, but you spend so many hours trying to prove your innocence in a false claim case only to discover that there is no point in that. At first, I thought that I am alone, but the truth is worse. This happens constantly to a lot of people. In order to collect the monetization from your videos, people claim that there is copyright and YouTube does nothing to protect you from that. With barely 800 views on my video, one will wonder if that's some personal vendetta or something. Today, I had a scary thought that this is actually a trap to aggravate you so you can do the same thing and probably get dragged into a law case that eventually will end in you spending even more time and money to settle. It's important to note that the process of disputing copyright claims and counterclaims on platforms like YouTube often involves sharing your personal details with the other side. So now he knows where I live, my name, email, and phone number.

YouTube and the whole team have done nothing to protect me from this, and they are unable to do anything even though the writing is on the wall and they could easily just check this. Unfortunately, they told me a couple of times that they checked and the claim is justified, and this completely made me realize that I am not winning this and that I am speaking with the customer servise from hell, people or bots that should be fired. Without any choice or say, your videos can be deleted just because someone says so. I would never trust this platform again and the AI team that has done nothing but 'I hope this email finds you well.' I asked to speak to the manager a couple of times, begging to get my video back. I became a 'Karen', but unfortunately, the manager couldn't be bothered, so she quickly left the case and I was once again redirected to the next smart head. So, I discovered the power of a motto that could help anyone in this situation, and read very carefully – it is mind-blowing once you've mastered it. Whenever someone is accusing you of something you haven't done and they claim this and that, and the customer service is just a bunch of extraordinary people with no sense and meaning, you say out loud, 'Fuck these bitches.' You have to try it; this is my freaking motto from now on for everyone who is coming for me, trying to bother me in my fancy lifestyle, and trying to distort my peace of mind, which is initially distorted enough. Fuck these bitches!

Once, I was bothered by Facebook, deleting all of my posts because I dared to share a link to my articles. The system thought that I am a bot or something. I had to write to them to restore my pictures and photos, and so on. It took a while, but Facebook did it. They understood what was happening and allowed me to share my posts and my articles. Even Facebook is better than YouTube in the way they handle such situations; that should mean something. I am just sad that my video is gone, removing my video for purported policy violations, when I never did not breach any rules, is unjust, but now I will always have a backup, and I will never trust these platforms. Fuck these bitches!


Iliya Badev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Kate Bush's Album 'Before the Dawn'

July Movie Pick: 'Deadpool & Wolverine' - The Best PR Movie I Have Ever Seen

Rant on 'Lessons in Chemistry' Apple TV+ Show