'The Boys' Season 4 Finale: Review and What's Next


I am not a glued-to-the-television kind of fan of this show, but sometimes I scream at the TV while watching it. You'd be surprised how much I gasped during the finale, especially at the end of the show. I hate when Disney leaves the best parts for the next season and makes us watch a whole lot of crap during the ongoing one. So, I won’t let "The Boys" and Prime Video fly by, because although it was a good season, the finale made the whole thing feel like a trailer for the next part. I want to know exactly what is going on now. Why did I watch all this, and why did it end on such a strong note? I got way more interested in the show once it ended than while watching it.

Some fucked up shit happened during this season, but I hate that we never see Homelander lose his temper in a more destructive manner. I would love to see him go batshit crazy. With such power, does he have any responsibilities? Apparently, he cannot exist without the people supporting him, which was well explained in the episode where he visited the facility he grew up in. His "mommy" explained how a group of psychologists instilled in him a deep longing for affection, love, and care, making him vulnerable. This vulnerability is common among many of us, rendering us like children in adult bodies—easy to manipulate and eager to serve.

What I want to see in the next season is him going nuts, on a killing spree, more fights between supes, and some feeling of closure. I also can't wait to see where they take Ashley, played by Colby Minifie, next. I love her character's dynamic. I also fell in love with Sister Sage played by Susan Heyward. They said that the next season will be the last for "The Boys," of course "Gen V," which I came to love, turns out to be a valuable property. Those kids popping into this season was so much fun, even though I hate the ones I saw in my guts and can't wait for them to suffer.

This universe has a fandom, and from the ratings, you can see it’s proven to be popular when it overtook the "House of the Dragon" Season 2 premiere. However, it's important to note that "House of the Dragon" had just entered the charts and was only counted for the one Night (some hours) it appeared that week, which made it easier for "The Boys" to overtake it. "The Boys" surpassing "House of the Dragon" created headlines that were very much powerful and in the meta style of the show and Vought.

We are going to explore more of this universe soon with a Hispanic show in this universe, expanding not only the story but also the audience, or at least the creators hope to do so. What are we getting next? "The Boys: The Movie"? As a brand that certainly fucks with Marvel and DC, we can soon expect this universe to grow and overtake this space. With its pushed boundaries, where the main giants never dare to go, this show feels like fresh air, giving our thoughts space to be heard.

Iliya Badev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Kate Bush's Album 'Before the Dawn'

July Movie Pick: 'Deadpool & Wolverine' - The Best PR Movie I Have Ever Seen

Rant on 'Lessons in Chemistry' Apple TV+ Show