RuPaul's Drag Race

We are eating well on Friday with RuPaul's Drag Race Season 16 and UK vs. The World. I just watched ‘The Sound of Rusic’ and I decided that I have to write something about it. This is the second musical from Adam Shankman that is just great. The first one, of course, was ‘Joan: The Unauthorized Rusical’, and it was so fun to watch #kandymuse slaying the competition.

Although #Plasma delivered her best here, and she deserves the win, no doubt, I have to say Sapphira’s part was magical and so moving that compelled me to write about it.

‘There’s a very big chance, that it won’t go away. But who am I to say, find out for yourself.

There’s a very big chance, a really big chance, an overwhelmingly not in your favor chance, that it won’t go away. But who am I to say, find out for yourself.’
The delivery by #sapphira and the sound of music here were another level, because even through the comedic voice you can feel the lyrics and I was touched. It just resonated with me powerfully, that it made me want to check ‘The Sound of Music’ if there is something like it in it. Good job to everyone, and especially #adamshankman , who should be a constant during the musicals.

I should say that I am sad to see #megami go because I really liked her, but where the hell is #nymphiawind? The screen time in this episode was only during the #rusical , no confessions. Bananas! She is my winner, and I feel like she is buried beneath.

We should talk about #lagrandedame ,who has been delivering for two episodes now. Viva la France. I think her talent show is the most memorable and original; I laugh out loud and her fashion sense, as well as her courage to present craziness, cement her as a front-runner. This look, this runway, and the sounds that she was making are why I am watching Drag Race. I was amazed; she took it to the next level, and RuPaul’s face was mimicking my reaction. Living for this!

#marinasummers is the other queen that should have been in the Top 2 in episode 2, but I guess that will repeat the results from the first episode and it will obliterate the chances of all the others to pop up in our minds.

Thailand vs. France is what I am expecting at the finale.


Iliya Badev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Kate Bush's Album 'Before the Dawn'

July Movie Pick: 'Deadpool & Wolverine' - The Best PR Movie I Have Ever Seen

Rant on 'Lessons in Chemistry' Apple TV+ Show