DC Supergirl Casting Choice. I Have Become One of the Nerds.


From the beginning, when I heard that this story is getting adapted into a live-action movie, I became excited. Hearing that Milly Alcock was considered for that role was such a great boost of confidence. I know her only from 'House of the Dragon', where she definitely made an impression, and I knew this casting would be something new and fresh. From all the chatter around it, it seems like this is the best business decision so far for the new projects coming ahead. I love this Supergirl story that they will explore in her upcoming movie. The comic it is based on must be my favorite, and it got me interested in comics in the first place. So, going with an unusual choice like Alcock really made me believe that James Gunn can turn things around.

What makes her so unusual? She seems nothing like the drawn character, and the problems that Supergirl has in the story with that sweet face of Alcock just seem unusual. I can't wait to see this incredible revenge story, where Supergirl is helping a younger alien girl avenge the death of her father. The comic book is masterfully written, and the art is just sublime. Even if you are not into comic books, as I was, I believe this story will have an effect on you. Now I am back excited about DC and the upcoming Gunn's sleight. After the casting of Superman, where he picked a younger and thinner Henry Cavill, I was a bit worried, but now with this out-of-the-box choice, my trust is back where it needs to be. Of course, I am into David Packard Corenswet, and I would love to see more of him in the role; he's just not that fresh. He is more of the same, even though that same works.

From all of James Gunn's upcoming projects, this one I will hold him accountable for, and I am waiting patiently. Usually, I don't get excited at all about DCU, but going forward with my favorite DC story, now I understand all the nerds that go nuts if something isn't right—I have become one of the nerds. I definitely want to see the art of the comic coming to life, and I trust that James Gunn can play with these colors. I trust him that he can play with the dark tones that the story has and dance around drinking, revenge, murder like no other. He proved himself with the last 'Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 3' as a director who could deliver PG-13 content yet spiced with so much darkness. That combination inevitably brought another 800 million at the Box Office for MCU. His consistency in the box office for MCU and the upgrades as a director throughout the volumes make me believe that he is the only good choice going forward with this story. I just can't see anyone else directing this movie and going through these dark themes with those colors as James Gunn. So, good job to the casting team and Gunn because now I can't wait to discover this universe.


Iliya Badev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Kate Bush's Album 'Before the Dawn'

July Movie Pick: 'Deadpool & Wolverine' - The Best PR Movie I Have Ever Seen

Rant on 'Lessons in Chemistry' Apple TV+ Show