Review of 'Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora' PS5 Game


Yesterday, we bought a PS5, and this is my first PlayStation experience, and it is a glorious one. Of course, the first game I wanted to play and the main reason we have PS now is 'Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora'. After seeing the first movie a gazillion times over more than a decade, and the second one even more times in just a year, I couldn't wait to go back to Pandora and walk around this beautiful land, interacting with all the creatures and sailing through the dream that James Cameron and his team created for us.

There is a moment in the game where you go out in Pandora for the first time, and I gasped out loud. This visual will stay with me, as well as the shock of how good the movies are. From this moment on, the game explodes because of the planet. It is just a magnificent sight to behold, and it is a pleasure to walk around this world, discovering new stuff. And there is plenty to discover, so many surprises around every corner, things we never saw before.

It is really hard to turn off the game and come to review it. So much is happening in it, and I walk discovering new missions and places full of dangers that are mostly unpredictable for now. I am patiently waiting to get my Ikran so I can discover Pandora by air. Everyone that I watched mentioned that the game significantly picks up after you make the bond (Tsaheylu) with your Ikran. This mission is called 'Take Flight.' Nevertheless, this game is full of magnificent places on the ground, and it is mesmerizing to play it. I am pretty sure that I will be better at it with a keyboard and mouse; therefore, I tried to connect one to the PS5 but didn't allow me for some mysterious reason. It takes time to learn to fight with the controller, and in battles, it is harder to hit moving targets, but I am getting used to it.

The game is addictive; even just walking around feels like a realistic extension of Pandora. Yesterday, I played until 3 in the morning, and I woke up with the will to visit the planet. I know that doesn't sound so healthy, but the game is demanding to be played. So much to discover and unravel here. The story is mixed up with that of the first movie, and it feels like you are part of it. I just love to experience everything connected to Avatar, and playing this game is one of the ways to do it.


If you find yourself in the big tree and have been told to collect swamp honey, go ahead and do it. This marks the beginning of the story about the Ikran. I won't spoil it here, as it was a delightful experience, and acquiring your own Ikran turned out to be a fascinating memory. They really make you go through a lot to bond, and it's worth it. Naming your Ikran is akin to naming a pet. No, not really, but is close. I can't wait to play in 10 minutes and fly with Telisi. Flying with your Ikran changes the game. The movements are mostly smooth, the visuals of the Ikran feel like they came directly from the movie, and the sounds it makes are perfect. Flying takes you to incredible places with breathtaking views. It's very immersive, and I can't wait to explore more of this world. I'm also eagerly anticipating further continuations of this game and even more immersive options, such as VR. This game should evolve into a VR experience, featuring an Ikran chair or a similar device created specifically for an immersive ride. This would combat the repetitive aspects of the game and elevate the overall experience. I'd pay for everything Avatar at this point. Find that swamp honey, and don't get sidetracked by other things; you'll have plenty of time to explore on the ground as well as in the air afterward.

Iliya Badev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Kate Bush's Album 'Before the Dawn'

July Movie Pick: 'Deadpool & Wolverine' - The Best PR Movie I Have Ever Seen

Rant on 'Lessons in Chemistry' Apple TV+ Show